Friday 1 March 2013

Tala' al badru alayna

Tala‘ al-Badru ‘Alaynā (Arabicطلع البدر علينا) is a traditional Islamic song known as nasheed that the Ansar sung to the Prophet Muhammad upon his arrival at Yathrib after completing the Hijr in 622 CE.The song is currently over 1400 years old, and one of the oldest in the Islamic culture.


This is my favorite version of Tala' al Badru Alaina , I heard it for the first time when I was 14 years old copied from my brother and I lost it when my phone is broken (T_T). I have tried hard searching it over the internet because the previous file just named as 'yusuf islam 2' grrrr , but after several trial that make me almost give up , here it come !  . When I was in form 2 before going to beb , I listening to this song first with 'sing children of the world' and fall asleep with it , it's like my lullaby hehehe. Both of them is art piece of yusuf islam . MashaAllah , what a beautiful song , the oldest song in islamic culture , there's 1000 and more version of this song but for now this is my favorite.

Lyrics

طلع البدر علينا
ṭala‘a 'l-badru ‘alaynā
Oh the white moon rose over us
Wahai bulan purnama yang terbit ke atas kita

من ثنيات الوداع
min thaniyyāti 'l-wadā‘
From the valley of al-Wadā‘
Dari lembah al-Wadā‘.

وجب الشكر علينا
wajaba 'l-shukru ‘alaynā
And we owe it to show gratefulness
Dan wajiblah kita mengucapkan kesyukuran

ما دعى لله داع
mā da‘ā li-l-lāhi dā‘
Where the call is to Allah.
Di mana seruan adalah kepada Allah

أيها المبعوث فينا
’ayyuha 'l-mab‘ūthu fīnā
Oh you who were raised among us
Wahai anda yang dibesarkan di kalangan kami

جئت بالأمر المطاع
ji’ta bi-l-’amri 'l-muṭā‘
Coming with a word to be obeyed
Datang dengan seruan untuk dipatuhi

جئت شرفت المدينة
ji’ta sharrafta 'l-madīnah
You have brought to this city nobleness
Anda telah membawa pada bandar ini kemuliaan

مرحبا يا خير داع
marḥaban yā khayra dā‘
Welcome best caller to God's way
Selamat datang penyeru terbaik ke jalan Allah


Sometimes I feel like want to perform this song as a nasyid show with my class hohoho (^^)-(^^)-(^^)-(^^)-(^^)      But I'm no longer have a class (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ *flipping table*